- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound raw Louisiana shrimp, your favorite size
- Salt, to taste
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, to taste
- Lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 pound lump Louisiana crabmeat
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter.
- Add the olive oil and sauté the shrimp for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt, Tony Chachere’s, and lemon pepper while they
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Sauté the onion, peppers, celery, mushrooms and garlic for 5 to 9 minutes.
- Add the Ro*tel tomatoes and the bay leaves. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pot and add the crawfish tails; cook for 5 minutes,
- Add the crabmeat, green onions, and parsley.
- Mix in cooked rice, adjust seasonings, and remove from heat.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving (for the flavors to marry).
- Serve hot.
Cooking/Prep Time: 45 min | Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):