Shrimp and Crawfish Roll
A Louisiana Seafood rendition of the classic lobster roll.
- 1 pound medium cooked Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tail meat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 hot dog buns or hoagie rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, gently combine shrimp, crawfish, green onion, celery, mayonnaise,
lemon zest and juice, parsley, thyme and Cajun seasoning. Taste and adjust seasoning
- Cover shrimp mixture, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush interior of buns with melted butter.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add buns, butter-side down, and cook
until lightly browned.
- Divide shrimp mixture evenly between buns, and serve garnished with parsley,
Cooking/Prep Time: 45 minutes
Recipe and photo credit: Louisiana Seafood