- 1 large can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Shrimp, cooked and cleaned
- Cooked white rice
- Combine the first five ingredients. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle top with chili powder (to taste).
- Add shrimp, and let cook only until they are hot.
- Serve over cooked rice.