- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white cornmeal
- 2/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound boiled shrimp, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pastry: Mix together the flour, cornmeal and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the shortening.
Using a pastry blender or your fingers, blend the shortening into the dry ingredients
until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the milk and mix together until the mixture leaves the sides of the bowl
and forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and fit into a regular-size
quiche pan or four small quiche pans.
- Filling: Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Distribute the shrimp evenly over the bottom of the quiche pastry. Arrange the
cheese evenly over the shrimp.
- Combine the cream, flour, eggs, cayenne, black pepper and salt and mix well.
Pour over the cheese and shrimp.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes