- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 ribs celery and leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 quarts water
- 2 bay leaves
teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces curly vermicelli,
- 2 pounds peeled fresh shrimp
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan. Add onions, sweet pepper, garlic, celery and parsley.
Sauté until wilted.
- Add tomato paste and half the can of water. Sauté, stirring over medium heat
for 10 minutes.
- Add the 2 quarts water and stir in seasonings. Bring to boil. Add vermicelli
and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue boiling 10 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Source: Louisiana Homemakers Family Favorites cookbook published in
1984 by the Louisiana Extension Homemakers Council Inc.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Dirty Rice with Maple Sausage Links
Peppery Cajun Pork Pasta
King Cake Cupcakes