Shrimp Stew 2
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth, or 2 cups homemade
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sliced cooked
- Few dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can minced clams, undrained
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter; sauté celery, onion and garlic.
- Stir in flour, salt, thyme, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring constantly,
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, clams with liquid, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles, about 3 minutes.
- Add okra and shrimp; bring to the boiling point.
- Prepare 6 bowls. In the center of each bowl, make a mound of hot cooked rice.
- Ladle shrimp mixture around rice.
Yield: 6 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Dirty Rice with Maple Sausage Links
Peppery Cajun Pork Pasta
King Cake Cupcakes