Shrimp Stuffed Mirlitons
Mirlitons, or Chayotes as they are called in the Southwest, are a member of the squash family.
- 8 mirlitons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds peeled, raw shrimp
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Simmer mirlitons in salted water until tender; cut in halves. Remove seeds
and spoon out pulp. Mix pulp and bread crumbs.
- Saute onions, garlic and shrimp in butter over medium heat for about 10
to 15 minutes, stirring frequently; let cool.
- Add egg, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Fill shells; sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, and drizzle with melted
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes