Shrimp and Sweet Corn Maque Choux
Fresh vegetables are the key to this recipe, which cook quickly and retain their
bright, crisp flavors.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups sweet corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons Cajun or creole seasoning, divided
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 20 jumbo shrimp, peeled, de-veined and tails removed
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, red
and green bell peppers, and green onion. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté until
soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, sweet corn, water and 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning to
the skillet. Cook until zucchini is tender, about 2 minutes. Add half and half,
and stir. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with remaining 2 teaspoons Cajun or creole seasoning.
Melt butter in a separate skillet and cook shrimp in four batches, about 2 minutes
on each side, or until curled, pink and cooked all the way through. Do not overcook.
- Divide corn mixture between four plates. Top each plate with 5 cooked shrimp,
and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Butter Institute
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes