Simple Catfish Gumbo
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped green bell peppers, thawed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine broth, tomatoes,
okra, onions, green peppers, seafood seasoning and garlic. Bring to a boil;
reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add catfish and rice; cook until fish is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe and photo credit: The Catfish