Slap Ya Mama Cajun Baked Ziti
This Cajun twist on Baked Ziti is an easy and delicious dish that is sure to
be loved by your family and friends. Enjoy!
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 teaspoons
Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper,
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 32 ounces (28
ounce and 14 ounce can) peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- provolone cheese,
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- stick butter,
used to coat bottom and sides of baking dish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta and cook
until al dente (firm to the bite), about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground meat. Add in Slap Ya Mama
Original Blend Seasoning, onions, bell pepper, green onions and garlic. Sauté
until onions are clear. Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano and sugar. Bring to a
boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch
baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti pasta, provolone cheese, sour
cream, 1/2 tomato sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining
sauce mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Reprinted with permission from
Slap Ya Mama - slapyamama.com.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Dirty Rice with Maple Sausage Links
Peppery Cajun Pork Pasta
King Cake Cupcakes