Slap Ya Mama Pastalaya
Slap Ya Mama Pastalaya is a unique take on the traditional Cajun Jambalaya. With
smoked sausage, spicy chicken, fresh shrimp and pasta instead of rice, this dish
will most definitely become a household favorite.
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet
- bell pepper, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 jalapeno,
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama
Original Blend Seasoning, divided
- 12 ounces large fresh shrimp (26-35 count),
peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
to package directions
- Season cubed chicken breast pieces with 1 1/2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and chicken. Cook chicken
until all sides are browned.
- Add onions to skillet; cook until they start to soften then add bell peppers,
garlic, jalapeno and sausage. Sauté for 5 minutes then add diced tomatoes, tomato
sauce, chicken broth, oregano, basil, thyme and the remainder of Slap Ya Mama Original
Blend Seasoning (1 1/2 teaspoons). Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to medium-low
and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- With 4 minutes left to cook, stir in shrimp and parsley.
- Serve over a bed of penne pasta and enjoy.
Yield: 6 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Slap Ya Mama.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Dirty Rice with Maple Sausage Links
Peppery Cajun Pork Pasta
King Cake Cupcakes