Slap Ya Mama Pastalaya
Slap Ya Mama Pastalaya is a unique take on the traditional Cajun Jambalaya. With
smoked sausage, spicy chicken, fresh shrimp and pasta instead of rice, this dish
will most definitely become a household favorite.
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, julienned
- bell pepper, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 jalapeno, julienned
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning, divided
- 12 ounces large fresh shrimp (26-35 count), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked to package directions
- Season cubed chicken breast pieces with 1 1/2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and chicken. Cook chicken
until all sides are browned.
- Add onions to skillet; cook until they start to soften then add bell peppers,
garlic, jalapeno and sausage. Sauté for 5 minutes then add diced tomatoes, tomato
sauce, chicken broth, oregano, basil, thyme and the remainder of Slap Ya Mama Original
Blend Seasoning (1 1/2 teaspoons). Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to medium-low
and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- With 4 minutes left to cook, stir in shrimp and parsley.
- Serve over a bed of penne pasta and enjoy.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Slap Ya Mama
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes