Slap Ya Mama Shrimp and Grits
Whether it’s Sunday Brunch or any other part of any other day, Shrimp & Grits
is always a good call. Cheesy grits covered in bacon, tasso and jumbo shrimp…you
gotta love that.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- Salt to taste (for grits)
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup tasso or smoked ham
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Seasoning
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, deveined & peeled, leaving the tail on
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- green onions, chopped (topping)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a pot over high heat, add water and grits. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to
low and let simmer until the grits have absorbed the water; about 25 to 30
minutes. Stir often to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons
butter, cheese, salt to taste and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning. Mix
until cheese has fully melted.
- Season shrimp with Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Seasoning and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, cook bacon. Remove bacon and set aside
on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Reduce heat to medium and in the bacon drippings, add onions, bell peppers
and tasso. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add shrimp and sauté until pink.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, garlic, bacon and remaining butter. Sauté for about
3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Spoon grits into a bowl and generously top with shrimp mixture and green
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Slap Ya Mama - slapyamama.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes