Slow Cooker Creole Jambalaya
Here's classic Creole flavorful cooking just for two.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 drops red pepper sauce
- 6 ounces uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except shrimp
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until vegetables are
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on low heat setting about 30 minutes or until
shrimp are pink and firm.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 2 servings
Use instant rice and you'll be minutes ahead of getting dinner on the table.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 130); Total
Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 150mg; Sodium 1760mg; Total
Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 11g); Protein 26g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 10%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 Medium-Fat Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes