Smothered Cajun Hash Browns
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 5 to 6 dashes Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 cup freshly chopped parsley
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat until it begins to smoke.
Cook potatoes in small batches until golden.
- Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Remove oil from pan. Add onion, jalapenos, Tabasco, cayenne, peppers, water and
salt. Mix well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer over low heat
for 15 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potato is tender. If there
is liquid remaining, uncover pan, raise heat and cook until liquid evaporates, stirring
constantly, being careful not to break up potato.
- Stir in green onions and parsley, cover, remove from heat and allow to stand
for 5 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes