Spicy Cajun Almonds
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups whole natural almonds
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In container of electric blender, combine all ingredients except egg
white and almonds. Blend for 30 seconds, pulsing on and off; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk egg white until opaque and frothy. Add almonds;
toss to coat. Add spice mixture; toss gently to coat evenly. Oil, or coat a
baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Arrange almonds on baking sheet in single layer. Bake almonds for 20
minutes and then toss gently. Continue to bake 15 minutes longer; toss
gently. Turn off oven. Leave almonds in oven with door ajar for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Store in airtight container up to two weeks.
Nutritional Info: Calories 205; Fat 17 g; Sat Fat 1.7 g; Mono Fat 11.6 g;
Poly Fat 3.8 g; Protein 6 g; Carb 9 g; Fiber 5 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 156
mg; Calcium 98 mg; Potassium 276 mg; Vitamin E 1.9 mg*
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Almond Board of California
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes