Spicy Cajun Scallops and Pasta
Grilled Cajun-spiced sea scallops served over angel hair pasta tossed with grilled
asparagus, grilled garlic, grilled tomatoes and fresh parsley in a Cajun cream sauce.
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 pound large sea scallops (1 pound = about 16 scallops)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 whole head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for
- Whisk together heavy cream and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning in heavy saucepan.
Simmer on grill about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced, stirring frequently.
- Thread scallops onto metal skewers. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon Cajun
seasoning over scallops; set aside.
- Brush oil on garlic, tomatoes and asparagus. Grill until well marked on
each side; set aside to cool.
- Grill scallops about 4 minutes on each side or until opaque.
- Pop garlic out of skin; chop garlic cloves and tomatoes. Cut asparagus into
diagonal slices. Toss vegetables with hot cooked pasta, Cajun cream sauce and
parsley; top with scallops.
30 min Prep Time
Yield: 4 servings (4 scallops with pasta and vegetables each)
Cook's Tip: If using bamboo skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes before
using to prevent them from burning. Snap off the woody stems of asparagus before
grilling. Use wooden picks to connect stalks and make an asparagus 'raft' for easiest
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 727 Calories 29g Total Fat 30g Protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):