Spicy Cajun Shrimp with Onions, Peppers and Orzo
Spice up your meal with a Cajun shrimp and orzo dish that will wake up your taste
buds! This unexpected pasta recipe has lots of flavor and only requires a few fresh,
- 4 ounces orzo
- 2 tablespoons/1 ounce vegetable oil
- 1 cup/4 ounces red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 cup/4 ounces green bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 cup/4 ounces yellow onion, medium dice
- 24 each/8 ounces medium shrimp
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo according to package
- Drain and reserve.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, red pepper, green pepper, and yellow onion. Cook until softened
(about 3 minutes).
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the contents of the pan.
Continue to cook, stirring until the shrimp is just about cooked through (about
- Add the orzo and 2 – 4 tablespoons water to deglaze the pan and cook the shrimp
the rest of the way through. Stir well to coat the orzo.
- Serve immediately or let cool and serve at room temperature.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pasta Association
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes