Stuffed Crawfish Beignets (Cajun Pistols)
Close as I can tell, this recipe should make something very similar to the delightful winning finger-food called the Cajun Pistol at the Gulf Shores National Shrimp Festival.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese or whatever cheese you like
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Shake or two of ground hot pepper
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3/4 cup water
- Vegetable oil for frying
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Filling: Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic, seasoning and crawfish
tails. Simmer for 10 minutes or until all liquid evaporated.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
- Add cheese, green onions and parsley.
- Beignet Dough: Stir biscuit mix and water with fork. On well-floured surface
roll out dough. Cut with 4-inch circle cutter. Place crawfish filling on half of
dough. Fold circle in half, seal edges with fork dipped in flour.
- In deep pot, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Fry beignets until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Yield: about 16 beignets
May be frozen before frying. Thaw for 10 minutes and fry as usual.
http://www.gulf-shores-alabama.net - used by recipegoldmine.com with permission
from Lundy Wilder.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes