Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon
Spicy cream cheese takes wrapped jalapenos to a whole new level.
- 10 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- 1 1/3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 10 strips of thick cut bacon, lightly cooked
- 20 toothpicks, soaked in water for about 15 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, Slap Ya Mama
Hot Blend Seasoning and cilantro. Mix well and set aside.
- With a jalapeno laying on its side, slice it open creating a seam lengthways
along the jalapeno. Then make a cross cut (about 3/4 of the way through the
jalapeno) just below the top of the jalapeno which in conjunction with the other
cut will create a "T" shaped cut in the jalapeno. Carefully open the jalapeno
and with a small paring knife carefully remove the core and seeds creating an
empty shell. Rinse and set aside.
- With a spoon or even your fingers, fill each jalapeno with the cream cheese
mixture. Be sure not to overfill, the jalapeno should still be able to close
up. Wrap each jalapeno with one strip of lightly cooked bacon, securing it in
place with about 2 toothpicks per jalapeno. Place jalapenos in a baking dish
with their "T" shaped slits facing up and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
These may also be cooked on a grill. If cooking on a grill, cook over medium
heat turning occasionally until bacon is crispy.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):