Stuffed Sole in Creole Sauce
- 7 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup fine unflavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 (8 ounce) sole fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add onion, celery and red
pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender, about
- Carefully stir in flour and continue stirring until smooth. Add cream. Continue
to cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat; add bread crumbs, oregano, crabmeat, shrimp, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Lay the sole fillets out flat and spoon one sixth of the mixture on each. Roll
up the fillet and secure with a wooden pick.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan. Brush the fillets with the butter. Put
in baking dish and bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Remove fillets. Pour Creole sauce over fillets and bake 30 minutes more.
Yield: 6 servings