Swamp Soup (Greens and Beans Soup)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 (20 ounce) cans turnip greens
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package Knorr's vegetable soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch Creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's®), or to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir kielbasa and onion in
the hot oil until the onion is tender, 5 to 7 minutes; set aside.
- Stir chicken broth, turnip greens, great Northern beans, vegetable soup
mix, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, Creole seasoning, salt, and black
pepper together in a slow cooker. Add kielbasa and onion.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.