Sweet with a li'l spicy kick, these Sweet Legs are definitely a crowd pleaser.
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 8 chicken legs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons cane syrup
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of: thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil
- Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning, to taste (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13-inch oven-proof dish, spread the vegetables evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, cane syrup, maple syrup, Slap Ya Mama Original
Blend Seasoning, brown sugar, thyme, rosemary, oregano and basil; mix well.
Add in chicken legs to syrup mixture and toss well.
- Place chicken legs on top of the vegetables in the oven-proof dish and top
with remaining syrup mixture from the bowl.
- Sprinkle Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning to taste over the whole
dish and top each leg with 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, occasionally basting the chicken legs
with the syrup mixture.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and photo credit: slapyamama.com