Many years ago, there was an immigration of Yugoslavians to Louisiana, where
they settled along the mouth of the Mississippi River. Many became oyster fishermen.
Since they are known by their nickname, Tacos, there are a number of oyster dishes
also known by that name.
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper (sparingly)
- 2 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
- American cheese, finely shredded
- Arrange oysters on the half-shell in a pie pan of rock salt.
- Prepare enough partially-cooked bacon so that there will be enough to cover each
oyster with a bacon strip.
- On each oyster, place the above ingredients. Cover each oyster with finely-shredded
- Bake at 450 degrees F until oysters are done and curl on the edges and the cheese
is bubbly (10 minutes or less).
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.