The Best Cajun Pepper Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce
and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a
boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Source: Country Magazine, August-September, 2000
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes