- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large skinned, sliced seeded tomatoes or 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 shredded green bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add vegetables, and cook until they are tender —
about 12 minutes. Add remaining ingredients
- Strain the juice from the vegetables and add to it enough cream to make 1 1/2
cups of liquid. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons flour. Simmer and stir the sauce until
it is thick and smooth.
- Combine the sauce with the vegetables and serve hot on toast with sautéed bacon.
Or you can use it to fill pepper or squash cases.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.