Zesty Cajun Seafood Lasagna
Looking for some Cajun seafood recipes for dinner? Try Slap Ya Mama’s Seafood
Lasagna. Our zesty Cajun lasagna features shrimp, crabmeat, and crawfish complete
with Slap Ya Mama’s etouffee sauce to really pack a punch in flavor.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Slap Ya Mama Etouffee Sauce
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1/2 pound crawfish tails (if available)
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- In a 6-quart pot, add Slap Ya Mama Etouffee Sauce, shrimp, crab and crawfish.
(If you don’t have access to crawfish, you can substitute with 1/2 pound more
of shrimp or crab). Add 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a light boil, cover and let
simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling
water for approximately 12 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To assemble, spread half of the etouffee sauce mixture in the bottom of
a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 lasagna noodles lengthwise over etouffee
sauce. Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Layer with one
half of mozzarella over ricotta cheese. Spread remaining half of etouffee sauce
mixture over mozzarella and sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Layer another
6 lasagna noodles and remaining ricotta cheese, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil, making sure it doesn’t touch the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Slap Ya Mama
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes