Apache Corn Soup
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) beef roast
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ground acorn meal*
* Peel the acorns and grind them. The outer part of the acorn is not used.
- Cover beef with water and bring to boil in a heavy pot. Simmer several hours
until beef is very tender, adding salt and pepper.
- Remove the beef, while letting the pot continue to boil.
- Shred the beef, then mix it with the acorn meal.
- Add this mixture to the broth and simmer together until the broth bubbles creamy-white
with yellow flecks.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.