Carne Adobado (Spiced Pork)
This is great as a filling for Indian Fry Bread.
- 2 cups red chile puree or 12 tablespoons chile powder
- 3 pounds fresh, lean pork
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Cut pork into strips.
- Mix other ingredients, add to pork strips, and let stand in refrigerator
for 24 hours.
- Cut meat into cubes and brown in small amounts of oil. Add chile sauce and
simmer one hour or more.
- To serve, add more fresh chile sauce and cook until tender.
>> NATIVE AMERICAN RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.