Carne Adobado (Spiced Pork)
This is great as a filling for Indian Fry Bread.
- 2 cups red chile puree or 12 tablespoons chile powder
- 3 pounds fresh, lean pork
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Cut pork into strips.
- Mix other ingredients, add to pork strips, and let stand in refrigerator
for 24 hours.
- Cut meat into cubes and brown in small amounts of oil. Add chile sauce and
simmer one hour or more.
- To serve, add more fresh chile sauce and cook until tender.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.