- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or lard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a large loaf pan.
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, eggs, butter and honey.
Stir in dried blueberries or raisins, carrots, and liquid.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted
in the center of bread comes out clean.