- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or lard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or raisins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a large loaf pan.
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, eggs, butter and honey.
Stir in dried blueberries or raisins, carrots, and liquid.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted
in the center of bread comes out clean.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.