Cherokee Bread Pudding
- 2 1/2 cups toasted bread cubes
- 2 1/2 cups scalded milk
- 1/2 cup sorghum
- 1 cup butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Pour scalded milk over bread; let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat sorghum, butter and salt in a saucepan. Gradually pour over bread mixture.
- Gradually pour mixture over eggs. Stir in maple syrup. Pour into casserole dish.
Place dish in pan of hot water and bake for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.