Fried Frog Legs (Seminole)
- Eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk or more if needed
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds frog legs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 150 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine the beaten eggs and milk. Use more milk if needed to form a
batter which resembles a very thick cream. Add cornmeal, salt and pepper, and whisk
- Wash and dry the frog legs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dip thoroughly
- In a large skillet heat about 1/2 inch of oil and fry the frog legs until golden
brown on all sides. Keep the cooked frog legs on a paper towel lined baking sheet
in 150 degree F oven until ready to serve.
Serves 4 to 6.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at recipegoldmine.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Native American Recipes