Using the blue cornmeal will give a beautiful bluish tint to your hotcakes. Add
blueberries for a matching color and memorable flavor.
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup blue cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine all dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, slightly beat egg yolks. Slowly add buttermilk to egg yolks.
Next add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until moist. Beat egg whites until
stiff; then fold into batter.
- Prepare large skillet or griddle by brushing with vegetable oil. Heat. Spoon
batter onto griddle (about 1/2 cup per hotcake). Turn when bubbles form on surface.
- Serve with blueberries, applesauce, syrup, preserves or any of your favorite
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.