Sacaton is a village on the Gila River Reservation near Sacaton, Arizona (Pima
Indians). This is usually served as an accompaniment to eggs or grilled meat.
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh, mild,
green chiles, peeled and seeded
- 1 chopped fresh or canned jalapeno
- 1/2 cup
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Salt (optional)
- Heat drippings in a skillet. Add chiles and jalapeno and sauté until translucent.
Add tomatoes and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Season with salt, if desired.
- Remove relish
with a slotted spoon and serve with eggs or meat.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.