Carolina Country Style Ribs
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless country-style ribs
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place ribs in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- In 4-cup glass measure, stir together vinegar, water, oil, molasses, salt, red
pepper flakes and cayenne pepper until salt is dissolved. Remove 1/2 cup marinade;
- Add remaining marinade to ribs; seal bag and marinate for 4 - 6 hours in the
- Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare medium-hot fire; grill ribs over indirect heat for 50 to 60 minutes or
until pork is tender and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Baste ribs
twice with reserved sauce mixture during last 15 minutes of grilling.
Give a vinegar-based sauce a try with these hearty ribs.
Serve with hush puppies, corn on the cob, baked beans, and your favorite cornbread.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 198 calories; Protein 14 grams; Fat 14 grams; Sodium
355 milligrams; Cholesterol 51 milligrams; Saturated Fat 5 grams; Carbohydrates
2 grams; Fiber 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southern Recipes