Chicken and Dressing Casserole
- 1 cup thinly chopped celery
- 1 large onion, thinly chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sage
- Salt and pepper
- Make one 8-inch square pan of cornbread the day before.
- Cook chicken pieces in water with salt and pepper until done. Cool, then cut into small pieces.
- Cook celery and onion in butter until tender. Crumble cornbread into large bowl.
- Mix celery and onion and chicken pieces all together with cornbread.
- Mix all 3 soups into the mixture.
- Add up to 3 teaspoons sage, salt and pepper to taste. Pour into large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done, about 30 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- Serve with chicken gravy ladled over servings, with cranberry sauce on the side.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.