Chicken and Dressing Casserole
- 1 cup thinly chopped celery
- 1 large onion, thinly chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sage
- Salt and pepper
- Make one 8-inch square pan of cornbread the day before.
- Cook chicken pieces in water with salt and pepper until done. Cool, then cut
into small pieces.
- Cook celery and onion in butter until tender. Crumble cornbread into large bowl.
- Mix celery and onion and chicken pieces all together with cornbread.
- Mix all 3 soups into the mixture.
- Add up to 3 teaspoons sage, salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done, about 30 minutes,
until lightly browned on top.
- Serve with chicken gravy ladled over servings, with cranberry sauce on the side.