Chicken and Slicks
Slicks are rolled-out flat dumplings, not the round kind. They are also called slickers or slippery dumplings.
Some people use their pie crust recipe to make Slicks.
- Seasoned chicken, turkey or beef broth
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken: Cover chicken with water, and let simmer until tender. Remove bones and return
meat to broth.
- Slicks: Put some of the seasoned broth into a mixing bowl.
- Add flour a little
at a time, mixing after each addition. Keep adding flour until you can handle mixture.
- Roll out to about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into squares.
- Drop into boiling broth. Cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southern Recipes