Chocolate Praline Pecan Cake
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Melt chocolate morsels in microwave safe bowl on HIGH for 30 second intervals until melted, about 1 1/2 minutes total time. Stir until smooth.
- Beat 1/2 cup softened butter and 16 ounces brown sugar at medium speed with mixer about 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Gradually add 1 cup hot water in slow stead stream, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter evenly into 2 greased and floured aluminum foil lined 9-inch square, 2-inch deep pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Bring 2 cups brown sugar, whipping cream and 1/2 cup butter to a boil in 3 quart pan over medium heat, stirring often; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; whisk in powdered sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Add pecans, stirring gently 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and thicken slightly. Pour at once over cakes in pans.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
Yield: 2 (9-inch) cakes
Source: Southern Living
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.