- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 well beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 pound grated cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs white, beaten stiff
- Chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- Melt butter.
- Add flour and stir into a smooth paste.
- Add milk and corn; cook until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add egg yolks, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Fold egg whites gently into mixture.
- Pour into greased 8 x 10-inch baking dish, and bake
until firm at 350 degrees F - about 45 minutes.
Yield: about 8 servings