Cornbread Fritter Cakes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, separated
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced green bell pepper
- Oil for deep fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and paprika.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolk; stir in corn and peppers. Add to flour
mixture and stir to combine.
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form; fold into flour mixture.
- In a large frying pan, add enough oil to just cover the bottom of the
pan; heat to medium high.
- Drop heaping tablespoonsful of batter into oil and press to flatten. Fry
for 3 minutes; flip and continue to fry for one minute longer or until
- Drain on paper towels.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 4 min