Creamy Pecan Praline Candy
If you love pralines, you are sure to like this fudge-like Creamy Pecan Praline Candy.
- 1 stick butter (no substitutes)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Add butter to 4-quart microwave safe bowl and cook for 45 seconds.
- Combine sugar and sweetened condensed milk to bowl and mix well with a
- Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in pecans, mixing very well.
- Return to microwave for 14 to 17 minutes depending on the microwave.
Remove from microwave and stir well every 4 to 5 minutes. Watch carefully...do not let mixture boil out of bowl.
- At the end of 14 to 17 minutes, stir in vanilla extract. If using a
candy thermometer, pour or drop when temperature reaches 236 degrees F.
- Pour or drop onto greased cookie sheet and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares.