Deep South Lemon Pie
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce)can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 baked Graham cracker crust
- Make Graham cracker crust according to box directions, reserving 1/2 cup
crumbs for pie topping. Be sure to bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let
- Grate 1 tablespoon lemon rind and sprinkle on crust. Let stand while filling is being
- For filling, beat egg whites very stiff, adding sugar gradually.
- in a separate bowl mix sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring. When this is mixed
well, fold into stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour mixture into Graham crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Graham crumbs.
This pie may also be frozen for future use.