Deep South Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Over low-medium heat, cook butter in saucepan, watching closely but not
stirring, until golden brown about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not burn.
- Pour browned butter into bowl and set aside.
- Blend over heat the corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt
- Add browned butter; blend again.
- Pour over pecans in pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower heat to 325 degrees and bake another 40
minutes. Center may seem a bit liquid but will set as the pie cools.
- Serve with real whipped cream or ice cream.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.