Fresh Peach Upside Down Pie
- Pastry for two-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) sliced almonds or pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line 9-inch pie pan with 12-inch square of foil. Let excess foil overhang edge.
- Spread with butter; press in nuts and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Fit bottom crust into pan over nuts and sugar.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Pour into crust and cover with top crust. Seal, flute
and prick with a fork.
- Brush lightly with milk.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes, then at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes
- Cool thoroughly.
- Turn upside down on serving plate and remove foil.