Fresh Peach Upside Down Pie
- Pastry for two-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) sliced almonds or pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line 9-inch pie pan with 12-inch square of foil. Let excess foil overhang edge.
- Spread with butter; press in nuts and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Fit bottom crust into pan over nuts and sugar.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Pour into crust and cover with top crust. Seal, flute
and prick with a fork.
- Brush lightly with milk.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes, then at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes
- Cool thoroughly.
- Turn upside down on serving plate and remove foil.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.