This makes a great side dish. Try it the next time you want something different.
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup ALBERS® Quick Grits
- Bring water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan; slowly stir in grits. Cover;
reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour grits into 9 x 5-inch or 8 x 4-inch loaf pan; refrigerate for 1 hour, or
- Remove from pan and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Grease large skillet.
- Fry slices over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each
side or until lightly browned.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.