Georgia Baked Ham
- 1 (13 to 15 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (approximately) apple cider (not hard cider)
- Brown sugar for topping
- Trim some of the fat from ham.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, spices, mustard and pepper. Add enough cider to make a dough.
- Roll out dough into an oval, large enough to cover top and sides of ham. Drape dough over ham and lightly pat it in place so it clings to the surface. Do not encase the ham completely with the dough, just cover the top and sides leaving the bottom open.
- Place the ham on a rack in a shallow, open roasting pan. Start ham in a cold oven. Set control to 325 degrees F.
- Bake until thermometer reads 160 degrees F, about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, basting with cider every 30 minutes.
- After it's baked, remove dough jacket and discard.
- Sprinkle ham with brown sugar and return to oven until top is bubbly and golden.
Per serving based on a 13-pound bone-in ham, 2 servings per pound: 332 cal.;
28 g pro.; 5 g carb.; 22 g fat (8 sat., 11 monounsat., 3 polyunsat.); 80 mg chol.;
1,536 mg sod.; 0 g fiber; 5 g sugar; 60 percent calories from fat
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.