Golden Fried Peach Pies
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Sift the flour into a bowl and cut in shortening.
- Add enough water gradually to hold pastry together and press into a ball. Divide into 5 parts and roll each
part on a floured surface into a 5-inch circle.
- Drain the peaches and mash.
- Add the cinnamon and butter and mix well.
- Place 2 tablespoons peach mixture on each circle and fold over. Seal edges with a wet fork.
- Fry in deep fat at 375 degrees F until golden brown, and drain on absorbent paper.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.