Golden Fried Peach Pies
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Sift the flour into a bowl and cut in shortening.
- Add enough water gradually to hold pastry together and press into a ball. Divide into 5 parts and roll each
part on a floured surface into a 5-inch circle.
- Drain the peaches and mash.
- Add the cinnamon and butter and mix well.
- Place 2 tablespoons peach mixture on each circle and fold over. Seal edges with a wet fork.
- Fry in deep fat at 375 degrees F until golden brown, and drain on absorbent paper.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.