As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups buttermilk enriched corn meal
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large sweet onion (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons melted bacon grease
- Mix first 5 ingredients.
- Add last 3 ingredients. Mix just enough to make wet.
Don’t over-mix. Let mixture rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Use 2 spoons, one to scoop (about the size of ping pong to golf ball size) and
one to push off into peanut oil at 375 degrees F.
- Fry about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes a side.
Shared with Recipe Goldmine by Randy Hartline.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southern Recipes