- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring until
dry ingredients are moistened (do not beat).
- Stir in vanilla extract, pineapple, the 1 cup pecans and bananas.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle
1/2 cup chopped pecans on top.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric
mixer until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract.
Recipe from Southern Living.