North Carolina Brown-Butter Sweet Potatoes
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter (do not use margarine)
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In 5-quart saucepot, heat sweet potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling
over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes
- Drain well and return sweet potatoes to saucepot.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, cook butter over medium heat until browned, but
not burned, 5 to 7 minutes. (Butter should be the color of maple syrup.)
- With potato masher, mash sweet potatoes, brown butter, molasses and salt until
Makes 12 side dish servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southern Recipes