North Carolina Sausage and Grits Casserole
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Bring water and salt to boil. Stir in grits. Return to boil, reduce heat, then
cook for 4 minutes.
- In large bowl combine grits and cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in cold milk, thyme and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Stir in eggs, mixing well.
- Stir in sausage. Pour into 13 x 9-inch pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes.
Source: Charlotte, North Carolina Cooking with Class cookbook
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.